Sacred Heart Church was founded in 1957 by Archbishop Karl J. Alter with Father Hugo Mentink as the first pastor. The first church and school were dedicated in 1960 and six additional classrooms were built in 1963 and a small gym in 1980. The present church was completed in 1989. Thanks to the generous support of our parishioners and community, Sacred Heart completed a $1.8 million expansion that opened for the 2003/2004 school year. In 2012, Sacred Heart received approval to add Kindergarten starting with the 2013/2014 school year.
Sacred Heart of Jesus School was founded under the direction of the Sisters of St. Francis of Oldenberg, Indiana, which staffed the day school and taught CCD classes for many years. A long litany of lay men and women have served the day school.
We are accredited by Ohio Catholic Schools Accrediting Association and provide religious instruction daily. Sacred Heart of Jesus School complies with all Archdiocese of Cincinnati policy regarding background checks for teaching and non-teaching employees and for volunteers who have direct contact with children. Sacred Heart of Jesus School strictly adheres to the policy of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati governing security and student safety. All teachers, staff and volunteers having direct contact with children must present evidence of a clean criminal background check.
We currently offer grades K-8 with two classes per grade and have graduated over 2,500 students. There were 450 students enrolled in the school as of October 31, 2018.